Home Forums Questions & Answers How to pray

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cee 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cee
    Participant

I would like to learn how to pray the right way.

Kingdom Prepper
    Participant

Shalom Cee!

Yeshua gives us a model prayer following a bit of instruction on prayer in Matthew 6. So let’s see what he has to say about this subject:

Matthew 6:
    5 And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

So already we see that it is wrong to do like many Christians do who like to close their eyes in restaurants and pray aloud for all to see and hear. This is wrong.

6 But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.

Praying so that others don’t even know you’re praying is the correct way to pray.

7 But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

We think that the more we repeat something the more it will be heard and Yah will give us what we’re asking for when we say that thing over and over again. This also is wrong. But we are told:

8 Be not therefore like them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.

Yah already knows what you’re going to ask him when you pray, and many times he has granted the request of those who pray to him while they are yet praying:

Daniel 9:

21 Yea, while I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering.

Genesis 24:
    12 And he said, O Yah Elohim of my master Abraham, I pray you, send me good speed this day, and show kindness unto my master Abraham.

15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.

Getting back to Yeshua’s instructions:

Matthew 6:
    9 After this manner therefore pray: Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be your name.

We must first praise the Father’s name in prayer.

10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

We must pray according to HIS will and not ours. His will be done in our lives and the lives of those we’re praying for.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

We pray mainly for needs.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And forgiveness, but not just for ourselves, but also for others! This is in keeping with loving our neighbors as ourselves.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.

We acknowledge the Father’s supremacy as we ask for his deliverance from daily temptation and evil.

Now according to Proverbs 15, one has to be walking right with Yah in order for their prayers to be heard:

29: Yah is far from the wicked: but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

The emissary Peter says the same thing:

1 Peter 3:
    12 For the eyes of Yah are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of Yah is against them that do evil.

Well, what is the definition of “righteous?” Malachi 3 tells us in simple terms:

18 Then shall you return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serves Elohim and him that serves him not.

If you serve the most high, and love him with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength, as we’re told to do in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Matthew 22:37 (among other places) then you’re doing righteousness. And 1 John 3 tells us:

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

So serving and loving Yah is righteousness, but how do we show that we love him?

John 14:
    15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

So keeping Yah’s commandments leads to righteousness, and only the prayers of the righteous are heard. When you have a righteous heart, one that is in tune with Yah’s will, you’ll pray from your heart of righteousness asking for things within his will and your prayers will be answered. Hope this helps Cee.

cee
    Participant

Thank you…kingdom Preppers. Sorry that it took me so long to say thanks you. May the most high yah bless you and your family.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.