Home Forums Questions & Answers Mark 2;23-28

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kingdom Prepper 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SHALAWAM!!!!! I need help understanding this brothers and sisters

Kingdom Prepper
    Participant

Shalom Ty Ferguson. Now this is going to be a pretty long answer. But read it through in full to gain a better understanding.

In Mark chapter 2 we read:

23 And it came to pass, that he went through the grain fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of grain.
    24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
    25 And he said unto them, Have you never read what David did, when he had need, and was hungry, he, and they that were with him?
    26 How he went into the house of Elohim in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and gave also to them who were with him?
    27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
    28 Therefore the Son of man is Master also of the sabbath.

The law concerning the heads of grain is found in Deuteronomy 23:
    25 When you come into the standing grain of your neighbor, then you may pluck the heads with your hand; but you shall not move a sickle unto your neighbor’s standing grain.

So it would seem that in this the disciples were lawful, but it is also commanded that no work be done on the sabbath day, so the argument of the Pharisees is that picking corn is like harvesting, which is considered work. But if you read this same account in Matthew 12, starting at verse 1, you’ll see that the disciples plucked and ate because they “were hungry.” So here, Yeshua refers the Pharisees to the account of King David found in 1 Samuel chapter 21:

3 Now therefore what is there on hand? give me five loaves of bread in my hand, or what there is present.
    4 And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread on hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women.
    5 And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have been kept from us for these three days, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are pure, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessel.
    6 So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the showbread, that was taken away from before Yah, to put hot bread in its place the day when it was taken away.
    The full details of the Law concerning the showbread is found in Leviticus 24:
    5 And you shall take fine flour, and bake twelve cakes of it: two-tenth of an ephah shall be in one cake.
    6 And you shall set them in two rows, six on a row, upon the pure gold table before Yah.
    7 And you shall put pure frankincense upon each row, that it may be on the bread for a memorial, even an offering made by fire unto Yah.
    8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before Yah continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.
    9 And it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’; and they shall eat it in the pure place: for it is most pure unto him of the offerings of Yah made by fire, a perpetual statute.

So we see that the showbread was to be set in order before Yah continually, and replaced with new bread on the Sabbath day. The law of the showbread, as with all laws found in the Torah, are merely types of shadows of greater spiritual fulfillment. So in this case, we have to learn what the showbread, or bread of the presence represents. The word for showbread is Hebrew word 3899 in the Strong’s Concordance, “lechem” or “lehem.” This is the same word as the part of the word used in Bethlehem, “Beth” from Hebrew word 1004 in the Strong’s meaning “house.” So Bethlehem means, “house of bread.”

The prophecy found in Micah 5:2 tells us:

2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

This is the same prophecy that was quoted in Matthew 2:1-6 when Herod demanded that the wise men from the east tell him where the Messiah would be born.

So I say all that to say this, the showbread represents Yeshua, because it is written in John 6:

35 And Yeshua said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst.
    48 I am that bread of life.

And the manna from heaven also represented him:

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
    50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
    51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

When it comes to doing good on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:12), such as feeding the hungry in an emergency, certain things are permitted beyond the letter of the law, because you are fulfilling the higher spirit of the law, that is “loving your neighbor as yourself.” And the showbread was merely a type and shadow of the true showbread that has its substance in Yeshua! And Yeshua himself is Master of the Sabbath. He is the one who rested in the Garden on the Sabbath day and commanded that we rest on that day also:

John 1:
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim.
    2 The same was in the beginning with Elohim.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He is Master of the Sabbath, and he made sabbath for man and not man for the sabbath. You should look into this further on your own with study and prayer, but I hope this helps to clear up Mark 2:23-28 for you. Shalom!

Amariyah

Excellent breakdown ahkee. Yah bless you 🙂

Kingdom Prepper
    Participant

Todah for the blessing achoti. Yah be praised!

Jacob Israel
    Participant

Excellent breakdown indeed Israelite. Continue to make manifest the Most High’s word unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel that you may obtain Yah’s promises unto His chosen people…………….Brother Jacob

Thank You Very Much Brother! This was very helpful indeed✊🏾

Kingdom Prepper
    Participant

Yah be praised! Glad to hear it Ty. Shalom!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.